Sinister: Who really likes music more?

OLDSCHREC at xxx.com OLDSCHREC at xxx.com
Sat Nov 13 11:17:58 GMT 1999

In a message dated 11/12/99 6:14:21 PM, owner-sinister-digest at Majordomo.net
writes:

<< I think I may disagree.  The person who only loves the Beatles,
The Who and D. Bowie but is unaware of the Extra-glens may
simply be showing that their love for the Beatles is as much as
someone's love for obscure bands and other stuff.  I just don't
think its a way to measure who likes music more.  I don't
think there are any indicators.  Maybe someone can comment
on this and change my mind? >>

I think it is easy and convenient to be a Bowie, Beatles or Who-> fan but the
person that goes deeper into obscurity may grow more as a result.  Not to
sound like a musicologist snob, but I think the person into obscure music has
the better acquired taste since they have explored more avenues in music than
what is readily available.  They might not like music more but would be
considered more developed to make opinions on what is available due to their
extensive background.

Just a thought...

Pete Gianakopoulos