Sinister: journalism is dead. long live journalism.

Archel1978 at xxx.com Archel1978 at xxx.com
Sun Nov 14 18:12:29 GMT 1999

strange.  i just read my last message and it seems i wrote that i wanted to
kiss my ex's arse.  it should of course have read KICK his arse.  i
definitely don't want to kiss it.  any more.

unfortunately we got on quite well at the awards, which meant i got depressed
having to go home without him.  but i also could have been depressed because
of the infantile drunken hacks who made up most of the 'glamourous'
audience/nominees.  they will no doubt be the tabloid journalists of the
future and i hope they all die a miserable death, especially the bloke who
shouted 'fuck off' at the lovely david aaronovitch when he announced he'd won
something.  that's gratitude for you.

i am disillusioned with the future of the media.  and not just because we
didn't win anything.

still, i got to dress up and i survived the experience intact without running
desperately into the Ex's arms.  but i did have to play hefner very loud on
the way home to calm me down (i wanted b&s but didn't have any with me).
discovered while doing this that it sounds like someone's making a cup of tea
in the background on 'another better friend'.  richard colborn may have leant
them drum parts, but he obviously didn't show them how to use them properly.

how i wish i could sit in on struan's scrabble games.  although being a
hopeless pedant i would have to query the validity of 'cunting'.  b&s should
write a song about scrabble, it's pretty twee (unless you're allowing words
like 'cunting', i suppose.)  or maybe looper could do one - stuart david
mumbling random words from a real game over some xylophone (now that would be
a high scoring word.)

CHRIS MOYLES!!!!!!!??????   nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!  still, anyone with sky
fancy hosting a tv evening next saturday?? :)

tainted love, archel xxx

ps:  i might be starting another little mag myself soon, for poetry and
thoughts and stuff.  submissions will be welcomed with a mug of hot chocolate
and a roaring fire, so mail me if you're interested.

********
Rachel Playforth
archel at iname.com