Sinister: Bewitched, Bewildered and Be Buggered

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sun Nov 14 19:54:27 GMT 1999

Paul Rudolph wrote:

I asked a friend who isn't into the indie scene/obscure bands if
what Mr. Miller said is true and here is what he said ( I hope you
don't mind that I did that Peter):

Of course I don't mind Paul, but I can't claim the credit for those
comments about people who like obscure indie groups liking music more
than Genesis, Chopin, Bronski Beat or Sting fans. That honour goes to
Darran from
Hefner. It was in an interview by our friend Jarkko that he sent in to
the list last week or the week before. I think Darran Hefner was
probably at least half joking anyway. I was just using it as a poor
excuse to have a pop at Tim Hopkins in the vain hope that he'll come
out with both guns blazing and reduce me to a quivering wreck with his
atomic wit.

Dan Hooper wrote:

I have been known to
"bum a fatty" every now and again while listening to IFYS

Who was the fatty? If I was going to bum a fatty, I'd put on Bronski
Beat after Jimmy Sommerville had left. But I've got terrible back ache
at the moment.

Some time ago, I unsubscribed from the Beepster news list because I
didn't want to get it anymore. Wishful thinking. But it's quite good
now. Every time it comes through, its ponytail has grown. They've
really got that record executive talk down pat these days. I think
they sold the original Tube a bit short though. It was instrumental in
the early careers of Paul Young, Heaven 17, Fine Young Cannibals and
Bronski Beat, to name just a handful. I used to have to go upstairs to
watch it.

I watch whatever I like now. Last night I watched Lalo Schifrin with a
huge fuck-off orchestra. They did Mission Impossible at the end. You
should have seen how the square bear orchestra types dug it and really
got into the swing. It was a deeply groovy moment for me, quite
spiritual.

I had a scary nightmare about the Blake Witch Project. It's all your
fault.

And there's nothing easy or convenient about being a WHO fan,
especially a 70s WHO fan. What's more, it's something that I
personally feel has made a major contribution to my inner growth as a
human being.

love,

Sister Disco