Sinister: winter in stockholm(suite)

Bertrand Caron Bertrand.Caron at xxx.se
Mon Nov 15 09:58:36 GMT 1999

Johan Nilsson wrote:

> Bertrand wrote how he loves winter in Stockholm. I spent last winter in Stockholm, it was by far the coldest winter I have ever experienced in my life, and I am not talking about how it was constantly -10 degrees outside. >

I have to rectify: I never spent a winter in stockholm or even in
sweden. I am osed to winter in France in the alpes and this will be my
first winter here and I kind of hope that it will be very cold... I know
it may sound strange but I want to live a very cold winter at least once
in my life.

and then he wrote :
>Stockholm is one of the coldest cities I know of, when it comes to people. If you don't know anyone in Stockholm, no one will ever start talking to you.>

I kind of have to agree on this one. I have spent the spring and summer
in Stockholm and I still don't know any swedich people. That's true: No
swedich talks to you but I guess it is certainly my fault too. I know
some other expats as me but that's all. But I really like Stockholm: I
can have access to a lot of cultural things(like in a lot of
capitals)(concerts, film festival...) without the stress of most of the
capital like London or Paris

and finally :
> I could never live in Stockholm and that is not because I grew up in an anti-Stockholm society, >

I understand what you mean... I grew up in an anti-Paris society... But
I never lived  there so I am not very sure of how awful life in Paris
is... Some of my friend just moved in there and are quite happy about
it.

OK now I have to leave because I have an appointment to the doctor as I
got cold this Week end... That's definitely true: It is damn cold in
here.

	Bertrand: The french in Stockholm