Sinister: The back of my ears don't stink

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 15 14:29:01 GMT 1999

Hello,

This entry from Mr Carsmile Steve indeed made me smile:

>In fact I did once split up with a girl through musical
>differences (oh come on, Whitesnake??).

I once thought I'd live under the rule that no one girl was worth the
trouble if she couldn't name at least one Family Cat single. In fact I
probably do, which would explain me being very Family Cat single. I did
have to literally fight off the attentions of a married women in a very
strange night last Friday, and if only then I'd thought to say OK but only
if you name the first single by the Family Cat off their last album... it
would have been a wonderful excuse indeed.

I'm afraid I've been careless with my CD's this week and lost the CD
despite still having the case of the latest Stereolab offering. Which is
quite frustrating, I know it's brown in case anyone's found it. That is
usually the best thing about CD's as you can be quite careless without
damaging them unlike my warped, scratched vinyl collection. Despite
treasuring the music that is realised through putting these round things
into or on a musical playing device, I still seem to treat them like shit.
Even if the means to record musical performances had not been invented yet,
and the band members actually had to come and play in my bedroom when I
wanted to hear their tunes, I still reckon I'd still be careless with them.
I wouldn't even make Belle & Sebastian a cup of tea or give them a Jaffa
Cake for their troubles before letting Arab Strap start playing their
songs. Actually no, I'm still old fashioned and not into that large bearded
chap coming into my bedroom and talking about shagging.

Sorry this is becoming very long winded, but I've also been thinking about
why people get told to make sure they wash behind their ears before having
a bath or shower. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of body parts and areas
that get a lot smellier and dirtier than the back of my ears, and therefore
a lot higher in my pecking order of getting a rub from a soapy flannel. But
let's not even go there. Actually maybe I'll take some photos for Honey's
new section of my top ten dirty, smelly bits. That'll be pleasant. Or we
could all vote for our top ten dirty smelly bits of 1999. Or I could leave
quietly...

Te ra,

Martin

ear confection recordings
(http://www.send.demon.co.uk) - two new bands songs on there!!

P.S Actually I'm starting the ear thingy recordings mailing list. And
unless some of you say you want to be on it your all going on it. It's a
bit like at school where the whole clsss is kept behind for detention till
the guilty party owns up. Or something. Right, I'm off for a shower...