Sinister: You got it - keep it out of my face

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Mon Nov 15 15:34:19 GMT 1999

Fuck autumn. Spring Roolz.

Apparently, last week, not even a 3rd of the leaves in Britain had fallen.
British Rail RIP told us this in order to prepare for the "wrong type of
leaves on the line" excuses that they come up with every year. The good
news, for Adam at least, is that there are plenty more crunchy days left
this year! Yay!

I'm a bit baffled by the new-look take-no-prisoners Nickie Dastoor and his
slagging of Free Design. Haven't we moved a little bit beyond liking bands
just because everyone else on Sinister likes them? I didn't even realise
this is something that happens. But (if I'm understanding this rightly) hey,
they're a Sinister cliché now so don't even bother checking them out. Nick,
isn't your argument getting self-defeating - the only difference being the
bands we're not allowed to like rather than the ones we all should?

I think I must just not be getting this cos Nick is a far brighter being
than I am and I'm sure I'm missing something.

Nalda Said was reviewed in this morning's Metro newspaper. It got 2 out of
5, and StuD's "faux-naïve" style was described as cloying, or something
similar. I must admit I don't find it a surprise. Having said that, Y2K and
Baby One More Time have been competing for irritating-song-on-loop-in-head
space today, which is a recommendation.

After six months of listening to Classic FM in the morning, I thought I'd
re-check out XFM. God it's fucking shit. It gets worse. The only plus is
that attention-deficit-disorder sufferer, Helen Chamberlain, is a fellow
Torquay United fan. Which makes me, according to footballing analogies of
recent days, pretty fucking devoted to my football.

Goths. There is a photo of me in existence wearing...no, I can't bring
myself to say it. I've never actually seen said photo. I live in fear of the
day it gets out...

I think cunting is a great word. It seems to me Stuart's just being normal
and human and LIKE US in his diary posts, but I admit I'm probably being
(faux) naïve on that one. Still, it makes me happy to believe it, so I will.

Finally. All bigots are wrong. Full stop. Is that okay?

Big Fat Markx

p.s. Kate Rusby (+ Billy Bragg) - 14/15 December (I think), Forum Kentish
Town. Who's with me?

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 0171 224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;
we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they
leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com

www.bobthebuilder.org