Sinister: level as a lake beneath the moon

Emily Wilska wilska at xxx.net
Mon Nov 15 17:23:29 GMT 1999

Allo allo.

Although this phase has probably long passed, I wanted to add my two cents
vis-a-vis fave B&S moments.  I'd vote for those little bits of songs in
which SM drags out what he's singing: "...and he thinks it's a sin that he
has to leave the house at aaaaaaaaallllll," "...dream of
ho-o-o-o-o-o-o-orses," etc.  There's probably some musical-type term for
that, but I don't know it.

Also, the line "Oh love of mine, would you condescend to help me, for I'm
stupid and blind" in "The State That I Am In" never fails to blow me away
with it's sharp and bitter edges.

Right.

Dan Hooper wrote of California's pseudo-Autumn, which I'd agree with for the
most part. However, I was up in northern Sonoma county yesterday, and I must
say that things are certainly more fall-like up there.  The grape leaves
turn all sorts of crazy colors, and the play of sun and fog causes some
crazy light effects, making everything look like a big gentle explosion of
gold and red and green.  It settled my inner East Coaster to see it.  Being
warmed inside by all sorts of fabulous wines didn't hurt, either.

Our Sister of Perpetual Disco wrote,

>>Some time ago, I unsubscribed from the Beepster news list because I
didn't want to get it anymore. Wishful thinking. But it's quite good
now. Every time it comes through, its ponytail has grown.<<

which made me nearly choke on the sip of coffee trying to make its way down
my throat.

Unable to stand the wondering anymore, I bought a Godspeed You, Black
Emperor! cd last night.  It is the soundtrack to a long drive on lonely
roads near dusk, rain coming, and I dig it a lot.

Off to work I go--
Emily