Sinister: Adam's Curse

Jan Imgrund jimgrund at xxx.fr
Mon Nov 15 21:03:28 GMT 1999

hi

> and she told me all about her first boyfriend
> who is a Downs boy called Jamie and how happy she was
> well her vocabulary is a little limited so my mother
> helped her out. Anyway I have always wanted her to
> have as normal, whatever the fuck that is, life as
> possible

i've been working at a school for mentally disabled people during my
civil service, and i was surprised to see how exactly the same their
love-life was compared to 'normal' kids of their age.. love,
heartbreak, jealousy, it's all there. it seems more natural and
heartfelt in them though.. seeing one of those boys look at 'his'
girl with this look of warm affection - when the rest of the world
dismisses both as stupid and ugly - is wonderful.

>>the husband is sitting on the sofa
cutting the pages of a book,<<
am i mistaken, or is france one of the last countries where books
with uncut pages are sold in larger amounts? it's a great thing.
Makes you feel that the book really belongs to you when you
personally cut the pages. there's even one french author (julien
gracq) who insits on printing all his books uncut. a good chap he is.

>>That's true: No swedich talks to you <<
hey, that's odd. i always thought swedes were so warm and welcoming.
i guess that it's more because of the big city.. it was rather hard
to get to know anyone in paris at first, too, and i know that people
are a lot nicer in the rest of france.
>>I am not very sure of how awful life in Paris is...<<
but apart of this, it's great :) you just need some time to get the
hang of it. I think the problem with living in big cities for a
longer time is that you are horrified at the thought of one day
having to live in a city with less than 3 million people again, which
kinda reduces the choice if you want to change countries.. big cities
are addictive. You feel dead when you leave them. That's probably the
reason they grow bigger and bigger, ha ha.

time has gone, the song is over, thought of something more to
say.....

The Dark Site of the Moon:
   http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/index.html
Tindersticks page:
   http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/tinderpage/tinder.html
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. -Oscar Wilde