Sinister: Laura Llew, Your Review site's gone *@!# /AKA Absence through Absinthe/AKA My drunken work-out

CHRIS LEAK chris_leak at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 16 09:57:24 GMT 1999

Morning (wretch, wretch and spew)

Tried to send the following to the review site to no
avail (wretch, wretch and spew). So I thought I'd post
here instead, hope that's OK? (wretch, wretch and..
mmm.. that did it).

(P.S. Chris_t_opher: As far as Spaceman 3 goes, try
Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs to and
Spiritualized: Lazer Guided Melodies, Ladies &
Gentleman we are Floating in Space and Live at the
Albert Hall).

For no real reason other than to be the first to paint
my little tootsies all over this virginal and snow
white site, I submit this vague, vague, vague review.
This vagueness is the result of experimenting with a
potent spirit called Absinthe (120%), yesterday eve.
It would be more appropriate to call it absent ‘cause
that’s how I’m gonna be today. Anyway, it seemed a
good idea at the time.  Enough of my meandering, it
also seems a shame to waste a site with such a lot of
potential so here goes: -

I just thought I’d write to recommend Ooberman’s debut
album; The Magic Treehouse ‘cause I truly believe most
B&S fans would take a shine to it.

The whole album is pretty top-tastic but there are a
handful of stand out tracks including the Nick
Drakeish Amazing in Bed, the gorgeous Shorley Wall and
best of all the heart cloakingly beautiful Roll me in
Cotton; try not shivering when he sings “Just hold me
cinematic style”.

The lyrical content of the album is delivered via a
female and male coupling that compliment each other
like salt and pepper (note: must remember to attend
that creative writing course). The arrangements are
fantastically intricate, sharp and just jolly well
clever.

Anyway with that snippet of a recommendation I bid you
farewell with Absinthe induced symptoms of a bowel
which can only be politely described as overactive and
innards that feel like Sigourney Weaver would eye them
with more than a passing suspicion.

Leaky

(wretch, wretch and a projectile vommited lung oyster)