Sinister: Bouncy in all the wrong places

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Tue Nov 16 12:31:21 GMT 1999

At ease, men.

Right, I *think* I've got the gist of what Papa Doc Dastoor was on
about.  Essentially, you *can* fancy girls that are cool enough to
listen to Free Design, but be aware that they're airheads.  In the
long run, you might be better off with the home-spun cliches of Big
Star because, and here's the rub, *they* don't fancy you.  Well,
Chris Bell did, but he's dead.  My brain hurts.

I for one believe there was a typo in the last B&S diary thing.
Struan and his rosy-cheeked compadres were obviously enjoying a game
of Seasonal Scrabble - hence the big-scoring "bunting".  Ah, bless
him - getting all excited about Xmas already.  I realise that 'B' and
'C' aren't precisely adjacent on the keyboard, but I expect this can
be explained in terms of a 'spasm'.  I suspect Struan, rather like
Christopher Walken in "The Dead Zone", suffers these spasms rather a
lot.  As we've established, Mad Dog is a normal sorta chap, much like
the rest of us, but what sets him apart are the spasms; it's during
these blackouts that his songs appear, as if delivered by pixies.

Martin Robinson said something akin to the following:

>That is
>usually the best thing about CD's as you can be quite careless
without
>damaging them unlike my warped, scratched vinyl collection. Despite
>treasuring the music that is realised through putting these round
things
>into or on a musical playing device, I still seem to treat them like
shit.

And Tim Hopkins was shortly after heard to exclaim:

"Tha buggar's got moy cows !".

I think he means compact discs, kids.  Still, *we* have Mr Robinson's
Tascam 4-track and I can vouch for his lack of care.  Faders full of
matted mammal hair, most of the contents of an M&S Ham and Cheese
double-pack smeared on the tape-heads... revolting.  But, hey, feed
it the right material and it makes sweet, sweet soul music.  Yes sir.

Duty calls...

Steady Mike.

=====