Sinister: Shake your bon bon

Erica MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Tue Nov 16 21:35:09 GMT 1999

Dearest Lot,

Suffering Autumn misery-guts syndrome, I have been driven to listening to
the cardigain's Life album from under a blanket, eating milky way strawberry
whips. It is my firm belief that they are putting something in the water, as
I havent felt this tired since I last did a charity shop trawl (read:
thriftstore) - the old women that hide all the good stuff in the back room,
they slip a needle up your arm on the way in and drain all the colour out of
your cheeks. Their Rouge just doesn't have the same effect - it's the
delicate english rose Vs the leathery slapped bottom look. And let's face
it, the leathery slapped bottom look is about as fashionable as a drum solo
these days.

The Fascist debate. I'm going to put my hands out, wrists up and confess - I
*am* a sportswear facsist. I hate people who wear combat trousers and
designer trainers, I laugh in the face of a Kappa Jacket - and wholey hope
that they will laugh right back at me in my Red Socks and Kitten Heels -
infact I quite enjoy that, because it means I've done a Good Job. Musically,
I'm not quite so snobbish, although to my discredit, I know I'd have to hide
a few horrors under my bed if someone was coming round that I was trying to
impress. Isn't that always the way though, making such a gallant effort to
present yourself the serious and sophisticated young thing, you realise you
left your copy of the BEANO out.

>But then I always like
>songs with cursing in them.

tell you what *is* fabulous - Shirley lee from Spearmint singing "and I'm
sorry, to be so blunt, but that man, is a cunt" when you least expect it! So
rude. They do put a parential guidance sticker on, at least - which is less
than I can say for those filthy Hefner boys. Right, I'm going back to hide
under my blanket. Send me your electronic affection!

Erica

Maudlin rubbish no one should read ever:
http://www.chickpages.com/rants/golighty/index/html