Sinister: that charming Stan

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 17 13:33:40 GMT 1999

Hiya!

Maybe some oldies thought my subject referred to that jolly character
which enlighted our days in pre-Bowlie days,and then vanished,maybe jumped
from some rocky cliff into the ocean,who knows.Sorry to the new faces,who
had never heard of him/her,you always can check the archives.It was good
fun for a while.

Stan stands for Stanley Donen.It doesn't make sense ,I know...so let's me
introduce you to my latest plans:After my succesful observations on
NVs resistent attitude towards the upheaval of the market tide yesterday
evening,compiled with the help of you lot, I left our local Arts Cinema in
a state of rapture after discussing with some course fellows how much we
missed musicals and how great it would be to leave in a musical for a day
ourselves.

So,that's the plan:a) writing a script about someone who is ready to live
another day like everyday but suddenly his/her day is a 'musical'day and
he/she has the chance to sing/dance along daily,boring issues as how dirty
the kitchen floor is or choosing books from the library shelves for the
weekend without the library staff phoning the closest psychiatrical
institution,b)Hollywood musicals are naff and uncool and probably half the
population of Sinisterland are frowning at this stage, but what about 'Les
parapluies de Cherbourg' or 'Les mademoiselles de Rochefort',eh?We could
sing something in French or get Laetitia Sadier for an special
collaboration to mitigate Tinseltown glossiness,and c) we need songs.But I
can write to Stu,pleading in my best unhappy student tone we really need
his songs to dance along publically as we do in front of our bedrooms
mirrors.

I already have devised some coreography with 'A summer wasted': it is the
beginning of the film, and the main character wonders what he/she ( I
think is a 'he'...)has made of the sunny time now that is cold and leaves
are falling.Very Minelli.

And I need performers.Any Gene Kelly or Cyd Charisse in this parish?

'There is no business like show businesss...'. I am coming back to my
mysteriously non-zero polarizability.
xxx

Arantxa