Sinister: a lurker rears its ugly head

FearofMops at xxx.com FearofMops at xxx.com
Thu Nov 18 09:41:02 GMT 1999

okay, i'm going to make an ass of myself and de-lurk. but don't worry,
i'll try to keep it brief and it'll probably be a long time before i do it
again, if ever. so (deep breath) here goes. i'm in dallas and i guess you'd
say i'm a relative
newbie to b&s. i bought tbwtas about a year ago and have since purchased
tigermilk. both of them have been in heavy rotation on my cd player despite
my efforts to refrain. i'm the only b&s fan i know. but as often as i get
out, the
streets of dallas could be teeming w/ b&s fanatics and i'd never know. i do
 believe i'm slowly but surely converting my girlfriend tho, so there is hope.
okay there's the intro. just a bit more un-b&s related stuff and i'll be out
of your
hair.
tuesday i actually ventured out of the apartment and braved the scary city to
see stereolab and olivia tremor control. both bands kicked ass. i very nice
man
behind us in line gave my girlfriend an extra ticket so i got in cheap too.
the only downside was that after having found some excellent seats in a comfy
couch above the floor, a rather large man decided to come stand in front of
us during most of
sterelab's set. so my view of the band was replaced w/ some guy's ass shaking.
when he finally left, another guy decided to show off his pelvic thrust
skills just inches behind my head. oh well....
and finally a question for any of you in the dallas area, unless i'm the only
one of course. if you've been able to locate a copy of Godspeed You Black
Emperor!'s
latest cd, could you kindly e-mail me privately and direct me to the friendly
record
store where it is hiding? it would be much appreciated. well that wasn't
short...
later