Sinister: culture, knitting and homicidal birds

Archel1978 at xxx.com Archel1978 at xxx.com
Thu Nov 18 12:23:05 GMT 1999

salut filles et garcons sinistre.

i'm having a fraught hitchcockian moment suddenly - the bathroom, which is
next to this room, has a plastic skylight thing, and it's being attacked with
vigour by what sounds like about 30 seagulls.  i think they just do it to get
at the water in the ridges, but it sounds like they're going to break through
at any minute and start pecking at my carefully coiffured hair, if i had
carefully coiffured hair, symbolising the triumph of brutal nature over the
petty artifices of humanity.  or something.

will - a good way to cope with 'millionaire' withdrawal symptoms is to watch
'midday money' on richard and judy instead.  the stakes aren't quite as high,
but it's a close run thing whether the presenters are less annoying.  of
course, this presumes that you are an unemployed layabout like me.

jenowl - i think you should go ahead and make friends with the girl in the
year above.  it's not like she's 80, and these year divisions are pretty
arbitrary anyway.  she could be a soulmate.  incidentally, i'm knitting a
scarf as well.  it looks a bit of a mess, but it's very therapeutic.  (not
better than sex though, i have to admit this time.)

yesterday i went to the tate gallery and the poetry library, but as i didn't
encounter any arty, sexy men to discuss aesthetics with i have to conclude it
was a failed expedition.  (though i did see the turner prize exhibition and
tracey emin's bed, which was... interesting.)  culture is not better than sex
either.

having said that, i'm still looking for contributions to my poetry thing
(it's called 'buzzwords'), so please send stuff all you creative people.
reviews, short stories and miscellaneous brilliance also accepted.

i was listening to 'dog on wheels' the other day when i thought i heard the
electrician who's rewiring our house singing along outside the door.  but on
reflection i think he was probably singing something else entirely, just to
drown it out.  oh well.

finally, nick dastoor wrote:
>this is
>someone who only recently realised that 'Archel' was subtle corruption of
>'Rachel'.

and not just linguistically, i fear... :)

subtly corrupt, archel xxx

ps: props to the new will for using the word 'neophyte'.

********
Rachel Playforth
archel at iname.com