Sinister: the world of public dancing.

Steve Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Thu Nov 18 13:13:23 GMT 1999

Arantxa Sanz observed that it would be nice if one could live in a
musical for just a day.

To that i say: be careful what you wish for.  in highschool i hung out
with a clique of music geeks (we were all jazz nazis and had a music
homeform, we told jokes about cors anglais...it was terrible) and some
of our number were somewhat flakey and crossed over into the world of
drama to get in touch with the flakey side.  these people were the music
theater people.  if more than two of them would happen to meet in one
place coincidentally theatrics, singing etc. were sure to ensue.  i
glared at them, thinking 'fatuous morons! i own cecil taylor
albums...you do not! surely i am a genius'.

my ex still goes to an arts highschool that has a terrible 'fame'
complex.

then i discovered the joys of gene kelly and now hes up there with the
big three coolest guys in the world david byrne/tony perkins and marc
bell.

> I already have devised some coreography with 'A summer wasted': it is the
> beginning of the film, and the main character wonders what he/she ( I
> think is a 'he'...)has made of the sunny time now that is cold and leaves
> are falling.Very Minelli.

i think this is brilliant.  i'd be in any musical you care to mount.
can i play the stephen merrit inspired character?

also,
i voted for 5 films at that bbc site being: gregory's grill, zardoz,
harold and maud, amateur and the holy mountain.
i'd like to recomend that if each sinisterite votes for the holy
mountain and zardoz on their lists then we can not only give teen drama
a boost but also silly, pseudo-psychological gonzo exploitation sci fi a
boost as well.

skadevento