Sinister: Come, dancing

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Fri Nov 19 12:24:52 GMT 1999

Dear Sinister,

Elle Zober reminded us:

"but i am friends with Bel"

That's nice for you - thanks for sharing it with us (again) :-)

She then emoted:

"why do people feel the need to discuss the Belle's in personal terms
anyway?  does anyone on this list actaully know Isobel, or Stuart or Mick?"

But don't you think you are the one discussing them in personal terms? I
find the fact that you *know* them is more likely to introduce exactly the
element of discomfort into the list which you seem to find in
Sarah/LJ/whoever's posts. It seems to me that to most people, the band
fulfil the traditional role of the unobtainable popstars, whose job is to
cause an emotional response in their fans. And this list is for discussing
precisely that.

I think Sarah's posts are hilarious, and the way that her letters are funny,
eye-opening *and* about Belle and Sebastian doesn't "negate the purpose of
this List", but is precisely what the list should be about.

Even though I don't agree with her. :-)

I'm off to make my directorial dreams reality, well, sort of. If you need
me, I'll be in the studio, luvvies :-)

Mark xxx

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 0171 224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;
we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they
leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com

www.bobthebuilder.org