Sinister: judy and the dream of belles

igh1 igh1 at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 19 12:56:17 GMT 1999

i have to agree that it is quite curious so many listees
seem to have dreams about people that, in general, they've
never met.  saying that, however, i have had my own b&s
dream which was bonkers to say the least, in which i was
trying to convert my friends and then suddenly the whole
group (but there were only five or six members - i told
stuart that he had lost some people, but he wouldn't speak
to me) turned up, and then left with my friends.  i chased
them on a unicycle into a cave because i wanted their
autographs, and rode upside down on the ceiling, weaving in
between stalgmites (or whatever the ones on cave rooves are
called) before looking down into this huge lake and seeing
the reflection of all 8 members of the band there.  yet
there was no sign of them anywhere, and when i looked back
into the lake, the reflection had gone, and i fell off my
unicycle into the lake and . . . woke up.  if anyone out
there has joseph-esque (as in technicolour dreamcoat)
qualities, please let me know what this dream means.  or
alternatively call the men in white coats if you think i am
a danger to society . . . :)

i don't think that people dream of the band members
individually (just talking from personal experience here,
so no offence anyone), but BELLE AND SEBASTIAN as a whole,
as if the group were themselves one person.  this means
that even if you haven't met them, it is still possible to
dream of them, just like i have dreamt of other people i
have never met (and they aren't necessarily famous, images
just appear in my head) . . . of course, i'm probably wrong,
but i don't really dream of other bands, and i've only ever
had the one b&s dream.  unless you count the day i bought an
original tigermilk, and dreamt there was a crease on the
cover, and as i tried to straighten it out, i dropped it on
the floor, and the corner creased, forcing the cover to kind
of float off in a puddle . . .

on a final note (simply cos i like lurking, being one of
the fabled creatures of the shadows etc), i'd like to say i
agree with elzober.  now, i don't want to start a huge "i
agree/disagree" debate here like the one that nearly
killed our beloved sinister, so if you want to flame me or
whatever please do it off list, but i don't see how anyone
can say they like b&s and then promptly insult other
members (usually isobel).  i don't know any of the band,
and i've never met them, but even if i did, and for some
strange reason disliked a member (although i'm sure i
wouldn't :)), i wouldn't tell the list, simply because i
know at least one of the band reads the list, as do many of
their friends.  it just ain't fair.  people don't attack
other sinisterines (usually), so why attack members of the
band, especially when it is likely to hurt them???!!

okey dokey, that's all i'm going to say on the subject, and
please reply to me off list . . . if you want to reply at
all.

back to lurkerdom for me,
ian.

                Ian Hatcher