Sinister: A cup of wee she would admit to me

funkyseb at xxx.com funkyseb at xxx.com
Fri Nov 19 13:32:28 GMT 1999

Chris Jones wrote:
>Every year we have a big singing competition at our school in which each
>house (comprising about 60 people) does a song. I am in charge of our
>houses competition this year, and I was wondering if anyone had any
>suggestions for a song that would be fun to do, but would also give us a
>chance of winning and that 60 boys who may not be terribly musically gifted
>could sing.

Hmm. What about the Ace of Spades, by Motorhead? then it wouldn't matter if your lads aren't 100pc spot on, and you might stand a chance of coming first, for originality....mind you, you win some, you lose some....it's all the same to me. I did one of these house music competitions last year. Everyone else did rompy tompy tomp on the piano and tootie toot on the bugle, and it was all very nice til me and ben got up and forgot the chords to Judy and the Dream of horses. It was much slower than I thought it would be, and after struggling through about a dozen "hor-or-or-or-or-or-orses" we just said fuck it and went home with red cheeks and a battered guitar. So my advice is stuff the competition, and go to bed instead, and lie there imagining you're struan in his p!o!p! trews and everyone fancies you.

By the way, I was walking down Lavender Hill the other day, and in a charity shop window, barely a highland fling from Jeepster's offices, was.........

CHRIS GEDDES JACKET!!!!!!!

This is, lest we forget, the jacket that reminded Seymour Stein of Johnny Marr, the jacket that stole the show when it appeared on that BBC Documentary, a piece of history, steeped in the juices of Chris! And all for the bargainiferous price of £18.60! Presumably, the Bellesters need all the cash they can get, what with recording their 24 disc epic Xtra Long Player, so they're flogging stuff to pay for more studio time. I'll keep an eye out for the others' contributions, and keep you informed. In the meantime Chris fans, get down there and buy it! I would have, but then I realized that I didn't want to look like a twat wearing a travel blanket. And it looked like it smelled of wee.

Erm, can't think of an ending

seb