Sinister: if i only had a heart...*

RPushong at xxx.com RPushong at xxx.com
Sat Nov 20 17:41:55 GMT 1999

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i love belle and sebastian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
laugh i almost cried ..." whats the deal about felt " ...has the world gone
mad! ...
i have a confession ...sometimes i go hours even days without listening to
b&s ...
its true ...you won't go mad you know ...( they've come to take me away ha ha
)
but it makes it even sweeter when you go back to them...as i always
inevitably do...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i like drum'n'bass
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so what ...in my opinion " super sharp shooter " by the ganja kru ...is
genius
you can keep your coffee table goldie & roni size ...pah! ...i'm more
interested in third eye foundation...& wagon christ ...and acceleredeck
...not to mention adf ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i like loud guitars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
spacemen 3..., loop , my bloody valentine , god machine , terminal cheesecake
, godflesh, ice, i could go on and on ...i love feedback and distortion
...these days its bowery electric ..mogwai...immense & sigur ros that do it
for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
loud guitars and breakbeats
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bowery electric's vertigo ep ...the most ferocious d'n'b remix of " without
stopping " from witchman ...awesome...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
felt
~~~~~~~~~~~~
whats the deal with felt ...imagine if b&s released 10 albums and 11 singles
in 10 years & they were all totally brilliant ...& they stayed very small and
remained one of those well kept secrets ...thats the deal with felt ...live
they were brilliant ..lawrence was a perfectionist who surrounded himself
with outstanding musicians ...felt are a very big deal ...make the effort
check them out ...when people say to me that  the smiths  were the best band
of the 80's ...and as much as i like the smiths i have to disagree ...it was
always felt...the smiths had it easy compared to felt...some people only
recognised the genius of lawrence and felt when they were gone...& what makes
me the big expert you ask ...well i was there! ...i'm quite old you know... i
was thirty this year! i was 14 when i saw the smiths and 15 when i saw felt +
felt have some of the greatest song titles of all time...fact...
~~~~~~
twee
~~~~~~
cardigans ...,nhs glasses , courdroy trousers ...i think not... some of us
sinister souls look like hardened criminals ...( trainers and hooded tops )
there is a  rumour that a certain list member has mafia connections ...so
you'd better watch out ...one false move and there'll be a sheeps head next
to you when you wake up ...twee thats just a deception ...this list isn't
called sinister for nothing.
~~~~~~
isobel
~~~~~~
oh sweet mother of all that is good and pure ...i will not hear a bad word
said about bel...and the gentle waves are worth checking out...personally i
love the headscarfs...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
b&s related dreams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
god i envy you lot ...the only dream/nightmare i have is being chased by some
sort of unseen monster...it is very blair witch ...i envy all these elaborate
dreams everyone seems to have ...i could make one up ...& then try and make
myself dream it ...it would feature the cast from wizard of oz ...i would be
the tin-man* ..., isobel would be dorothy ...stuart m can be the scarecrow
...stuart david can be the cowardly lion ...and toto well thats easy put a
skateboard underneath him and he would be" a dog on wheels " as for the
flying monkey well that would be clint boon ...and not forgetting the wizard
himself well that would be pete waterman ...because although its a well kept
secret he writes all the songs you know...as for the wicked witch of the east
hmm thats a toughie ...i think that scary looking singer from placebo fits
the bill nicely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mellow ...schmellow! ...i think not...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
christina wrote:
>" if a group of b&s fans whose musical tastes are probably mellow in
comparison to >the hard rock and even death metal sounds that bungle fans
relish in "
bungle's in a band! what became of george and zippy ...( sorry non uk
listee's bungle was a huge bear from childrens tv show rainbow )...oh i'm
forgetting george now plays keyboards for suede.
christina my dear this is by far the most musically diverse & knowledgeable
list i have ever come across ...b&s just happens to be our common thread
...don't believe me... just ask a question no matter how obscure...someone
will know.
well kids its been fun ...i'm off to test my dream theory ...wish me
luck...love and affection to you all.

richard.p
sorry about the length of this post ...i think i've had a sugar rush ...i've
been eating frosties straight out of the box ...and do you know
what...they're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!