Sinister: Shiny happy people holding hands (& Tube videos)

James Thorniley jthorniley at xxx.net
Sun Nov 21 10:02:14 GMT 1999

(STUFF ABOUT TUBE VIDEOS AT THE BOTTOM)

Hello sinstiers,
I haven't posted for a while (i'm suddenly all nervous, please be
gentle) but here goes.

Well, on reading through last weeks post I couldn't help but feel a
little admiration for our dear Elle, I just though how nice to defend a
friend like that, especially when your risking the odd insult on
yourself. I feel a bit guilty for not doing that enough for my friends
(and a bit sad that I can't imagine anyone doing it for me, sob sob).

But since this is fast turning into a depressing rant of mine, and I'm
probably making dear Elle blush, I will hastily change the subject
briefly.

HAIRDRESSERS
Do you ever get the feeling that when the hairdresser looks in the
mirror, they're actually checking on their own hair rather than looking
at you? I just noticed this the other day when I got my hair cut - it's
all short and cold, it gave me a headache.

B&S DREAMS
Funnily enough, I managed to have a sort of B&S related dream without
the involvement of any of the band members. I was in this weird African
country (the exact purpose of me being there is unclear, I was out
saving the world in some way or another), when this bloke in the street
asks me if I want to buy any B&S cd's. I politely declined on the basis
that I already had a complete collection, I blushed a bit when I
realised I had admitted to being one of those obsessive fans ;) So
anyway, this guy tells me in a bizarre cockney accent that I didn't have
everything, and he shows me his collection. I picked up on of the CDs
and sure enough I've never seen it before. So I bought that. Then came
the weird bit; I dreamt I had woken up (you know, where you dream you're
back in your bedroom), and that I still had the cd. I put it on and I
actually thought it was quite good. Of course, it probably wasn't, but I
can't remember it now.

AND FINALLY
>even people who like Belle and sebastan can be cruel and
>heartless individuals

Gosh, I hope that doesn't get quoted in Select.

Anyhow, must be off
Bye everybody

p.s.
As far as the tube thing is concerned, I only saw them play The
Loneliness of a Long Distance runner, or middle distance runner or
whatever it is. Anyway, they might have played something later on in the
show, I will check my video today. I will see if I can set up some video
chains maybe if there is any interest in that sort of thing. If you have
a video can you please email me with "bs-vid-available" in the subject
line and if you're still interested in just hearing this one song could
you please email me with "bs-vid-request" in the subject line. I don't
need any other information apart from your email address for now. If you
can tell me if there was any more B&S stuff later on in the show maybe
you could tell me about it. I will get in touch with the people who are
interested towards the end of next week.
Oh, if you are outside the UK could you please state it.
Email jthorniley at hedgehog.freehosting.net

--
James Thorniley