Sinister: You won't believe in my new belle, she flits and weaves a curious spell

Erica MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Sun Nov 21 13:26:29 GMT 1999

Dearest lovely-things,

Belle looked gorgeous on The Tube last night. I have no qualms in saying I
want to *be* Isobel Campbell. I have to say I was a little distracted by
Struans Arms Of Sex - and dissapointed at very few Gratiuitous Cooke shots
(I'm beginning to think he's more of a beautiful boy than ol' mad dog
murdouch himself). There is a part near the beginning, when he nearly cracks
up laughing singing "ri-de in the field, ri-de-(hehe) in the field" which is
fantastic. It's dissapointing that they only played one song, but I'm glad
it was 'lonliness of a middel distance runner'. A lady formally of this
parish send me a tape of it earlier this year, saying "after you hear it you
won't know how you lived without it". How right she was. I'm afraid I don't
have the means to make video copies, but I could make good quality tape
copies of the one track, should anyone not have it/desire it - because
honestly, it's a really, really good song, and if anyone else could feel
like I did when I heard it, well - it can only be a Good Thing. Mail me
privvy, like.

You can't trust video players to function while you are sleeping. The belles
safely recorded and doubled checked, I set the video to record 'Zero De
Conduite' (the film upon 'If.....' was based) and tucked myself into bed. It
didn't work. Our central heating is broken at the moment too, so I am
sitting here with an electric heater stuffed up my vest. Legwarmers are
suddenely a very attractive fashion statement. Last night reminded me of
something my brother said after spending his first week in halls of
residence - "I was wearing ALL of my clothes, and I was still cold". I think
he stole that one off Ben Elton. Students eh?

>I DO NOT (ooh, I almost went a bit DICKIE there), however, wear any
>semblance of a headscarf

ooh, I do sometimes. Though not in the 'pirate' style, like the girl from S
Club 7. I always want to say "ooh ar!" when discussing pirates, but always
end up sounding like a country bumpkin instead. No fair, I say, and there's
nothing wrong with looking like a granny. I stole lots of my grandma's
clothes when I last went up to Yorkshire - twinsets with pearl buttons! knee
length tweed skirts! wonders! It's so hard to find nice *new* clothes if you
don't like looking like a chocolate-box army commandor. Pastel utility chic?
has the world gone mad?

naturally.

Erica

Oh dad, she's driving me mad.