Sinister: Apocalypse Tube

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sun Nov 21 18:55:36 GMT 1999

Hi All,

I'm a digestive & the Latest page necessarily lags a bit now, so apologies
if this has already been posted. Just watched last nights prog (thanks to
kind neighbour Alan), & our heroes perform one number (The Loneliness Of A
Middle Distance Runner) about an hour & 2 minutes into the show. IMHO the
rest of it was pants so I would just skip straight there if I were you.

Mick plays acoustic guitar, Stevie Rrrocks out on lead, StuD sits
cross-legged playing cool bass in a Nike ski hat, Richard & Wee Chris don't
get too much exposure, Sarah fiddles, Isobel wears a red leather coat, &
whistles. Struan sports one of his tight, white T-shirts & a big electric
guitar. Looks younger than ever (that portrait in the attic must be really
gruesome by now) but a bit tired - sleepless night before? nerves? (he
fluffs his lines & pops the impish grin out early in the performance). To
be honest none of them look like they were enjoying themsleves: it must be
a pretty nerve-wracking experience after all. Nevertheless brilliant to see
them on (nearly) national TV, rubbing shoulders with musical greats like
er, Paul McCartney and um, other people.

And now its time to take liberties as usual :) If any of you out there are
musicians son James asks you to please mail him at  moore.james at talk21.com
so his fanzine The Last Resort can send you a questionnaire.

PS: Sally just read this & although the spirit of Sir Cliff won't let me
repeat all her comments she wanted me to add that Stuart M was more smiley
than I made him out to be. I guess that they would have been more relaxed
after a couple more numbers. So can we have a hour-long special, please?

Bye,

The Son Of a Preacher Man
Chelmsford, UK