Sinister: umm...a bit all over the place actually...

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 23 16:02:26 GMT 1999

hey everyone!

i am feeling very happy today. a friend of mine from when i was very little
and living in cornwall e-mailed me for the first time in over two years
today. i was so surprised i nearly fell of my seat and headbutted the
computer. i mailed her back and then she replied and then i wrote.... and
well, i've now spent most of the day on my sitting in front of this screen
typing away. it's been great! anyway, the point is: get in touch with old
mates cos it's really lovely. and much better than writing essays on the
victorian poor laws in britain. oh yes. which, as some of you may suspect is
also why i'm posting, twice in a month god damn. blimey!

i am also very excited about making my tape for the tape tree. i spent all
of yesterday surrounded by every record i own (well, apart from the shit
ones), trying to decide what to put on it. it's a very difficult business
y'know. so far i've only got three definite songs! my choice is made easier
though by the fact i can't pick a stone roses track cos i haven't got
tape-to-tape recording on my stereo, and everything by the mighty roses is
on cassette. maybe i should upgrade....

i just thought i'd add to this comment from fiona:

'does anyone else find when they watch the football results and a
team has scored 7 goals and it is written as 7 [SEVEN] that the voice
in their head that reads things out on the telly exclaims SEVEN in a
very loud voice, as if  in disbelief?'

they don't when the team who let the seven goals in is oxford united <sob>.
after conceding seven twice last season (and once was at HOME! FUCK!!)
people just expect it now....still, i'm sure it gives everyone else a
laugh....

i'm sure the reason my tape is taken so long is because i have an
overwhelming urge to listen to everything as i go along. it's like when you
tidy your room and instead of tidying you sit in the middle of the floor
with the recorder you found under your bed trying to play 'london's
burning'. and then start reading all the magazines that have piled up from
months back. it's amazing the stuff you can find in old nme's. i found the
review of 'dog on wheels' (my fave b&s e.p) the other day which was
nostalgic to say the least. and very bizarre because i didn't actually know
of b&s then. i only got into them when i heard 'lazy line painter jane'. so
that was a pretty surreal experience.

anyway, i'm going to love you and leave you as my eyes are going funny now.
lots of love
rachel xxx