Sinister: If you ain't an American Idlewild fan, delete this message

Josh Baze jbaze at xxx.com
Tue Nov 23 18:48:58 GMT 1999

Scotland's Idlewild Embarks On First American Tour
Raucous Scotland punksters turned noisy, post-Britpop poster boys Idlewild
are set to embark on their first ever U.S. tour despite garnering rave
reviews in the U.K. for the past three years. The band will support Verbena
in Milwaukee on Monday (Nov. 22) and hit few select East Coast cities
through Dec. 1 in Washington, D.C.
Singer Roddy Woomble just wants to make it off the stage in one piece. "As
long as people don't throw anything at us, it'll be fine," he says. "I once
got hit in the stomach with a full can of Bud. It felt like I'd been
punched."
Idlewild is touring in support of the recently-released and quite good Hope
Is Important (Odeon/Capitol), now a year-old album in the U.K. Idlewild has
only previously played one gig in America, at the 1998 CMJ Music Marathon.
"It was a complete disaster to be honest," says Woomble. "We were supposed
to be playing for Americans and it ended up being a bunch of people from
Scotland!"
Meanwhile, Idlewild has also already written 16 songs for its next effort,
three of which have been recorded in America. There are also plans in the
works to bring that band back to the States for a more expansive tour in the
new year.
Here is Idlewild's upcoming tour dates:
*	Nov. 22, Milwaukee, Cactus Club
*	Nov. 23, Minneapolis, 400 Bar