Subject: Sinister: Supeflu Guy

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 24 13:44:55 GMT 1999

>I don't pay proper attention I can't remember whether the conundrum wrapped
>in an enigma shrouded in mystery that is the song "Landslide" was ever
>cleared up. Namely, was the song that Isobel sang at Bowlie, backed by The
>Maisonettes, with Struan failing to play his sax, an original or a cover
>version?

I say Landslide is an original.  Why?

1. The band don't tend to do more than one cover version in a show. And if they
hear them claiming to have written 'The Kids Are Alright' then I'll eat my hat.
Ha ha I have no hat - fooled you.  Does anyone have a hat?

2. More importantly, the title was mentioned back in February as one of the
tracks on the new LP (only about 18 months before its now projected release date
blah blah) and you'd expect them to mention if would have mentioned if it was a
cover.

See:
http://www.mail-archive.com/sinister@majordomo.net/1999-month-02/msg00192.html

3. Surely Tag, late of this parish, would have told us about it.

4.  The trouble is, it tastes too good!

Nick xxx