Sinister: Landslide of Information

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Nov 24 17:53:28 GMT 1999

Good morning little schoolgirls;

VARIOUS - JUST KEEP ON DANCING - CHESS NORTHERN SOUL (CDKEND 138)
Track number 10: LANDSLIDE - TONY "Kipper" CLARKE (P) 1967 Chess 1979.
Prod Davis and Caston under supervision of Billy Davis.
According to the sleeve notes, it "epitomises the sound of black
America that we love" and is "an all-time Northern Soul favourite".
Trousers, give your bird a bell and see if this is the one she was
rabbitting on about. Well done on that 5-a-side victory, by the way.
Did you get your photo in the local paper with Luther Blisset? Of
course you can have a tape. I'm going to send Big Kev and Big Dave's
tapes this week. You just wait and see.

I am friends with Isaac Hayes, and no way is he playing Bowlie. You
must think I was born yesterday. As for the Tube, if it's any
consolation, I'm sure if I got it on video, I'd watch the whole thing
too. You never know. I listened to Modern Rock Song instead. It's good
when the strings swell up. Slow Grafitti is an Ain't No Mountain High
Enough for the Bowlie Generation. I hope B&S are going to produce a
commemorative mug when Stuart D finally gets round to leaving, if he
ever does. I'm looking forward to Victory Chimp. I hope it's about a
monkey making a name for himself in the world of professional boxing.
I suppose pop stars make a change from Oxbridge toffs. I hope Sting's
new cookbook serves as inspiration for Staurt Murdoch to produce a
collection of his favourite "do you like broccoli?" recipes.

Peter

 +-+       "sinister's a bit freaky" - stuart david, looper        +-+