Sinister: Come on without, Come on within...

robhalcrow at xxx.net robhalcrow at xxx.net
Wed Nov 24 19:35:35 GMT 1999

We-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-lllll ( in the style of Red Alert's Lulu),
     Like Mark C my wrist hurts but this is cos today I wrote a song on the acoustic guitar and it's hard for me to play, being a big clumsy bass player 'n' all. Can I be the first to apply for the perhaps non-existent bass place in B&S? I've got my own gear, I've even got some spare strings somewhere. I could grow a beard, write a book.  I've got relations in Glasgow. Oh go on.
    People have been on about B&S dreams... I had one the other day. Only Mick was in it. We all had to write essays and submit them (Mick insisted he'd read them all) before being allowed to join the band in some swish hotel.  They were throwing a party (very civilized, mind) which I had to leave temporarily. When I returned almost everyone had left. Seems it wasn't all the fans had hoped for after all. A moral, perhaps.  A couple of days later I dreamt I was filling in a questionnaire for the 3 ex-Kenickie girls (Married? No. Favourite Disney film? Ummmm......). The spooky thing is that the next Saturday, who did I see on the train to Sunderland? Only Marie Du Santiago, ex Kenickie, now Rosita. Weirderama etc.
    Someone mentioned Daniel Johnston. Did he do a song called "Dream Scream"? I taped it off John Peel's Festive 50 last year. I like it. It's mad. Sounds like it was recorded in a piano testing warehouse, if such things exist.
    For the record I neither love nor despise Isobel. Or any of B&S. I don't know any of them but I'd like to think they're polite, delightful, clean young people. Surely these weewee rumours are a vacuous fiction........
Yours
Rob...................not thinking of anything clever to put at the end of emails since 1736...............

 +-+       "sinister's a bit freaky" - stuart david, looper        +-+