Sinister: catscanning

Honey honey at xxx.net
Thu Nov 25 22:35:14 GMT 1999

Hello it's me!

First off I can't take credit for the new quotation in the footer,
although I think it's peachy, but I did correct it recently having been
nudged by List Lawyer Carsmile Steve that we didn't want to be sued for
an inaccurate quotation.  There we go.

Secondly:

http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/cgi-local/photo.cgi?gallery=bodyparts

That's where the bravest person on the list has sent in the first
contribution to the new anonymous body parts photo page.  Lick your
lips mmm mmm!  OK, so there's no bare skin yet, but you get the idea,
AND you can take a peek at Damon's fabulous bodypart inventory of list
content in the last week or so on the link from that page as well.
Lots of you have mentioned your bodies in posts to the list, you frisky
things, and not sent in photos, contrary to the new list rule - Damon
will be popping round to your house soon with a Polaroid camera to
rectify this.  I pick my words carefully, and Mr David Moore, wash your
mouth out now.

So send your contributions in now before you hear a knock on the
door.  Ideally the thing you send in will be capable of growing hair
or perspiring, and may not be recognisable.  And to get you in the
mood, you could do worse than pop over to www.cat-scan.com.  I'm
hoping for our very own hate-mail collection too one day.

Talking of cats!  Hands up who lives in Reading, or has visited a post
office in Reading, or slept with a postman in Reading or SOMETHING!
Splat the Cat who lives with me and whose meeow you can hear on the
Sinister site got a package from Reading (UK) with her own voice
sampled to within an inch of its life and singing 6 TOP POP HITS from
the 1980s and 90s including Boyzone, Joan Jett and The Gate!  I have a
hitlist of 4 likely candidates on keyboards - yes you, sniggering at
the back.  Anyway, I'll MP3 some of it sometime soon if anyone wants to
hear - and believe me, you do.  So sue me.

Yes, the site of the band doing Loneliness on TV at the weekend really
was worth waiting for, for me anyway - bizarre to see them not dropping
guitars or suffering from hilarious banana-skin incidents on stage.
Apparently that bit where Stuart stopped singing and giggled at the
breakdancer in the crowd was because he'd actually suggested someone
breakdancing out front before the cameras started rolling, and someone
took him up on it.  I did like the whistling fade-out bit though, like
in Bridge Over The River Kwai.  Oh and! I really really really want
JENOWL and GEORGE to marry and have lots of sinister babies.

Is "Jeepster Own My Soul" grammatically correct?  Just wondering.

Finally, Katrina's sent on the latest band diary from the Guardian.
It's on the band WWW site but no-one's asked me to stop sending them
here yet, so you're about to get it here.  Do tell me if I'm being a
pain.  Trivia fans: "Laura" mentioned below is the same Laura
responsible for the fabulous cartoons on the Sinister WWW site.

Mummy xxx

DIARY OF A BAND
24th November 1999

I had a holiday for a few days there. It was great except that in the ten
days I was away they might as well have abolished the game of football for
all I've got left to cheer about.

I guess I should be glad I was away really, and only came back to see
Scotland win at Wembley. I'd got up early on Saturday to try to see the
Hampden leg in New York, but every Irish bar was full at eight in the
morning. I suppose in some ways it's pretty good to have been on the other
side of the world for the Lyon game and the old firm. Still, I shouldn't
moan. Laura and myself both caught up with friends and came back with
bulging bags of records. We were in San Francisco as well as New York, two
pretty contrasting places. In San Francisco there are streets in the city
centre where from the top you can see the countryside beyond the city. From
New York we drove for about an hour one day without ever really being in
open country, which isn't to say there wasn't a good view. The city at night
looks great from a distance. The Burritos in San Francisco were better, but
on the other hand the record shops in New York stay open later.

Surprisingly there are less homeless on the streets in New York, but only
because the police move them all on. I saw a rat there the size of a small
dog. Also I was lucky enough to see Gil Scot Heron play. He was powerful and
funny and funky and uplifting and hard hitting from one moment to the next.
His band were named amnesia express because they had forgotten why they were
called amnesia express. The piano player Brian Jackson was one of the best
I've ever been lucky enough to see.

I was glad to come home too. We've been back in the studio this week and
tomorrow we're getting the train down to Newcastle to record songs for the
Tube. Everyone is pretty excited about it; there's an Ikea and good record
shops in Newcastle.

Chris Geddes