Sinister: Tried to tell MR. DICKIE to not use caps. But did he listen? NO. Big N. Big O.

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Fri Nov 26 07:40:06 GMT 1999

So, how was everyone's Day of Overeating? Here's a quick recap of mine:
There was boredom followed by dullness with a dash of echh. The big
contemplative question of the day was "Pecan and Pumpkin Pie: Previews of
Heaven or Tools of Lucifer?" The answer is still being fought out - cast
your votes now.

Honest Honey said,
"Trivia fans: "Laura" mentioned below is the same Laura responsible for the
fabulous cartoons on the Sinister WWW site."
Dang you mummy. How am I suppose to keep living in a deluded world if you
insist on spouting the truth all of the time? I want to having bulging bags
of records. I want to draw fabulous cartoons featured on fabulous websites.
I want to have just spent time catching up with friends with Chris Geddes.
But Nooooo. I'm thrown out of my world of delusions of belle and sebastian
greatness back into a place called reality where things like that don't
happen. Oh well, I do like Honey posting the diary to the list because then
we get to hear more from him - which I like. *YaY*

Not to dis Chris (sorry I just wanted to rhyme), but I think that Stuart
Murdoch might be my favorite Sebastian. Not that I know the band at all well
enough (as in I don't know a dang them about any of them) to have a
favorite, but yes its Stuart. Most likely because he has a bicycle with my
name. Thinking out loud (when I found out about this), I was trying to come
up with similarities between myself and a bicycle. I had to quickly change
the subject as someone suggested something about handlebars. *ack*

My latest endeavor has been making a mix tape where Belle and Sebastian will
reign mightly on side A. My other favorite group, The Pixies, will prance
headily along on the second side. It has been quite the challenge trying to
narrow down which songs should go on the tape and in what order. Right now,
I'm listening to them trying to come up with which ones of the Pixies Song
to choose. I feel like a beauty contestant judge.  Cecilia Ann is Miss
Congeniality. That wasn't tough with with 'Break my body' and 'I bleed' for
competitions. Does anyone else feel like getting Frank Black a cup of hot
tea after listening to a Pixies cd? You know his throat has to be sore after
some of those songs.

I also just finished submitting my list of Top 10 Pixie Songs to the belle
and sebastian site (though I did it with someone else so the songs are
vastly different from what I would have chosen had it been a solo project).
I feel like I left so much out. I don't think I will ever attempt it with
Belle and Sebastian songs - it just hurts too much to leave good tunes by
the wayside. Oh well. Just think, my little list will be amongst the likes
of such great lists as Top Ten would-be phrases from American Talk shows.
Wave of Mutilation right up there with "Yo' pinko blueberry muffins yo
couldn't even do a sunny-side for the Minnesota Moose Haulers."

Sucker Punch Jensowl said, "Yada, yada yada - knitting - yada, yada yada."
Ok, so I'm paraphrasing. I was quite excited to hear that someone else has
'grandmotherly tendencies'. Although I don't knit, I do crochet. It is a
habit of the devil. i don't really like it but its quite addictive. I make
blankets rather than scarves though - so place those orders with Jen and not
me.

Is anyone else disturbed by the new body part section of the list? The one
leg picture wasn't all that bad and I'm sure that people everywhere with
shoe fettishes will quite enjoy it. I always liked Christopher Morley's
quote about high heels being invented by a woman who was kissed on the
forehead. I was just about to go into a detailed paragraph trying to mention
all of my body parts in random ways so that I might be able to add another
tally to the list (and get harrassed by the 'enforcer'. Oohhh just the
thought makes me *shiver*) but I'll restrain. Being poor the only thing I
can afford is self-denial, so I'm quite good at it.

Love and Giant Pixie Sticks,

Laura