Sinister: adventures in soberness

secret crush glam_girl2000 at xxx.com
Fri Nov 26 16:39:06 GMT 1999

good morning everyone.  i'm sitting at work reminiscing the past 2 days & i
thought i'd share them with all of you.  on wednesday night i went to a
disco with a car full of boys.  the half-hour drive was an absolute riot.
we talked about 'buffy the vampire slayer' tv show & generally made fun of
each other.  a few times i almost ran us off the road because i was laughing
so hard.  i'm currently taking applications for boys to ride with me in my
car everywhere i go.  it's really the best way to travel.  when we got
there, in the parking lot i started dancing & singing "and my disco hair
gives me a certain disco flair, & when we go in there everyone will stop &
stare", a song i made up as i went along.  then my ex-boyfriend started
singing about my hair to the tune of 'shaft'.  it was hilarious.  and i was
right - they did all stare, at our superior dance moves.  i slept at a
friend's house with 2 other people & we stayed up until an ungodly hour
talking & listening to b&s, which was nice.  among us was an engaged couple
& i just kind of observed them for a while.  i can't relate to being in a
relationship anymore.  it's been over 2 years since i've had a boyfriend.
and that's really sad for someone such as myself.  i think i'm attractive
(i'll put up a picture soon to prove it), i've got a sense of humour, i'm
not fat, & i can drink way more than most people i know.  but that's not the
point.  the point is that love is a wonderful thing & for those who are
lucky enough to find it, hold on to it.  the 4 of us had dinner yesterday at
denny's, which is a chain-restaurant that hasn't updated their furniture
since the early 80s.  we went around the table & said what we were thankful
for, in a mockery of thanksgiving tradition.  i gave thanks for polly-o
string cheese, friends & family, & oral contraceptives; in that order.  i
don't remember what the others said because i was looking at the crooked red
& black b&s sticker on the back of my friend's car.  we caused a ruckus,
being deliriously hungry from sleeping the day away.  the waitress got mad
at us for calling her pie girl & then we went home.  i didn't have nearly
enough alcohol & that's why i recall all of these details.  this may not
happen again for a long, long time (some sinisterines let out a heavy sigh
of relief).  good-bye, darlings.  misbehave.

-heather e.