Sinister: re: I like rubber cement

jj jj at xxx.com
Mon Nov 29 03:58:44 GMT 1999

>has anyone ever heard of the lucksmiths? i've heard good things about
>them, and they've been compared to b+s, but it's hard to get their
>albums in the us, i think... (they're aussies) amazon only stocks an
>import of theirs...

*sigh* the luckies. such charming young men. and so talented too!
a big shout-out to the Kansas City-Sinisterians who came to their
show at the cup&saucer last night - i hope you enjoyed it!

its really not so hard to get the lucksmiths many releases in the states.
especially since most of their releases now are available on the US
labels Drive-In and Matinee!

here's a sampling of fine independent mailorders that deserve your money
much more than amazon.com - and they all carry lucksmiths releases!

 * Pal (www.pal-mailorder.com)
 * Insound Annex (www.insound.com/annex/)
 * Little Prints (members.aol.com/mnscrn01/littleprintsmailorder.htm)
 * Parasol (www.parasol.com)

if you want the older cds that were released only on Candle though,
you may have to go straight to the source (www.candlerecords.com.au)

they've got just a handful of shows left on their current US tour
so if you're on the northwest coast, try your bestest to make it to
one of their shows in SF/arcata/portland/bellingham before they
head to japan.

goodness i sound like such a groupie! i can't help it though - they
must've put a spell on me or something. at any rate, i highly
recommend any and all of the luckies records - they're all lovely
and well worth tracking down.

xojj

* * * http://www.monkey.org/~jj * * *