Sinister: big ups to the sinister massiiiive

Paul McAllister paul at xxx.net
Mon Nov 29 16:24:10 GMT 1999

i think its about time for another of my tri-yearly postings.

i think i must hold the record for watching a 5 minute video clip the most
number of times. i have now watched that tube clip more than 35 times. sad i
know.

anyhow, first a plea for advice.....ive just started getting offers back
from universities. well ive got one so far which was from glasgow. if theres
any kind folk who either go there, did go there, or know people who go
there, i would be most grateful if they could make any comments as to
whether its any good etc etc and what its like to be a student in glasgow la
la la. ive heard one horror story from a friend who's cousin went there and
got nastily beaten up in his first week for being english. i assume thats
not commonplace but feel free to correct me. am i being naive......

hmm only a few 6 months left of school ever. yay. then a big holiday. we've
just bought a huge old dodge van to paint black and recreate the A team van
so we can drive it to amsterdam for euro 2000. which should be good. and
expensive. oh dear.
why cant i be rich....

ATP....im a bit bothered about this. there seems to be a lack of information
from official sources. all ive heard is that mogwai are deciding the
lineup.....but most of the original line up will be there too. so that
either means that theres going to be lots of bands, or (more likely) that
ive got confused somewhere and have got it all wrong.... original tickets
are valid, so does that mean that there arent many tickets left? or have
they made more available? what are the chances of a certain octet turning up
as surprise guests? or am i just dreaming here.......

re: mr.david. tis all a bit worrying. if he really isnt touring again with
the band does that mean he's left? or is he just waiting for the album to be
finished so he can leave then? or is he just a lazy arse? or am i reading
far to much into it......

and can i finish every paragraph with a rhetoric.....

right im off to disappear for another 4 months or so,
be good

paul

Paul McAllister
paul at belleandsebastian.org