Sinister: what does the millennium mean to you?

secret crush glam_girl2000 at xxx.com
Tue Nov 30 14:08:07 GMT 1999

i was very disturbed this morning, let me repeat, VERY DISTURBED, to receive
by post haste a confirmation that one of my poems was to be featured in a
book called "america at the millennium".  i don't even vaguely remember
entering a submission.  why they would want to publish it, especially in
something they describe as 'the most anticipated book the international
library of poetry has ever published' is beyond me.  i think you'll
understand why it's disturbing:

Untitled

I stare at the river before me
Its endless deep waters entrance me into
a soft daydream of wetness...
The water itself is my home.
To feel the water envelop my skin,
seeping into my eyes, into my mouth and
into my lungs
is to be forever at peace.
The cold dampness can be felt in my bones
and my fingerips glide along the surface.
The world underwater is
so safe and comforting and the
perspective from beneath is true
The twisted blur
of human life does not exist under
a layer of water,
All is calm except for the current
that sweeps me away into another world.

i'm not sure if i'll initial the entry or not.  any advice?

dream on,
heather e.