Sinister: Expectations

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Tue Nov 30 15:00:39 GMT 1999

So, everybody keeps telling me how lucky I am that Hefner is making a stop
in the Cleveland area tomorrow night, and I would be silly to say that I
am not absolutely excited that they are playing here in Cleveland,
especially since it's the last good show of the year.

Maybe I'm just looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I don't feel lucky.
All the Hefner show is making me wonder is why we can't have shows like
this in Cleveland all the time.  The last good shows we had were Archer
Prewitt/Quasi and Olivia Tremor Control, but that was a month ago.

Am I being picky/snobbish? I just hate the fact that the pop scene really
sucks around here and no one apart from me really cares. I realize that
getting 1 show a month may be better than what some people on the list may
get, but I really don't have much else to look forward to, as a good pop
show will usually blow my Playstation NHL99 season away.

Brandt