Sinister: Pull Yourself Together

Erica MacArthur erica.macarthur at xxx.com
Thu Nov 25 12:42:59 GMT 1999

Hello Sugarlumps,

An execute decision was made in the Sinister Chat room last night - We must
remind our new listees of The Secret Sinister Handshake:

 A belle and sebastian badge pinned on upside down.

If you see one, that's a Sinister boy/girl you've got on your hands. Walk
away quietly, with your hands behind your back...don't make any sudden
movements. I forgot to mention, that in the hustle and bustle of the January
Sales I saw a girl with a Belle and Sebastian badge on her bag going up an
escaltor to Oxford Circus, with a big huge SUPERLOVERS bag. Was that *you*?
Sorry I didn't say hello.

I hear word of my endevours has reached Hull, as a girl wearing a tie is
accosted in a nightclub straight after The Boy With The Arab Strap is played
and accused of being Erica MacArthur. Poor thing.

 Does anyone else think JenOwl is the ultimate belle and sebastian fan? I
do. I should thankyou actually, Jenny, as after you wrote to the list about
that Barry boy, I wrote what I think will be my first P!O!P hit:

 I know a boy called Barry, he's got a ford Capri
inside his arms, that's where I wanna be
I know a boy called Barry, he's got a thing for me
and when we kiss it feels so hea-ven-ly

I know a boy called Barry, yeah he's got his gang
when they're around, he never holds my hand
I know a boy called Barry, he's got a bomber jacket
and the music that he likes, well it's just this awful racket.

There's a chorus too, but you'll just have to wait until I'm on Top Of The
Pops for that.

 Erica

 P.s could someone clever with too much time on their hands please write me
some chords for the Barry song?

 Scarlet rides her bicycle too fast with shut eyes:
More Adventures in The House of Scarlet
http://www.chickpages.com/rants/golighty