Sinister: PARANOIA IS TOTAL AWARENESS

Timothy John Roberts tjohn at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 1 12:29:02 BST 1999

>As far as I know the Belle and Sebastian Sitar song is called "Legal Man",
>and it's not a real Sitar I think, it's a special Sitar Guitar which is
like
>a normal guitar only it's got a sort of metal thing at the bridge, which
>makes it sound like a Sitar.  I think.   Stevie plays it.  I think.

is that like on the twintub remix of starfighter pilot by snow patrol wheres
theres that sample of someone saying "NOW YOU TOO CAN MAKE YOUR GUITAR SOUND
LIKE A SITAR!"? because isnt the boy geddes involved with twintub? or am i
just getting confused? about, like, everything?

>...for a
>great pop record with sitar on it, try Ananda Shankar's 1970 album (i
>think it's self-titled)...it's got a cover of Jumpin' Jack Flash that
>rocks the free world.

yeah, thats on david holmes quite brilliant essential mix.

>Oh, Bridget Bardot too, for sultry French singing.

yeah, shes on there too. has anyone noticed how i have subtly brought the
disparate threads of the universe together? sitars/french stuff? its like
live aid. or alternatively the last half hour of some post-tarantino yoof
film.

oh dear, nick hornby rears his ugly head again...
>Any of us Belle & Sebastian fans will immediately identify with
>the main protagonist's love of music, and probably his neurotic antics
>as well.
no thats the shoe by gordon legge youre thinking of. i cant put my finger on
it, but whenever i read nick hornby something just seems really false to me.
and did you not notice how that book is actually an attempt at a
justification for going MOR as you grow older? or it just me?

>Some of us have feelings that we just dont have the words to
>describe adequately and when we try some of what we mean is filtered out
>by our inability to find the right language.
er, yeah.

im going for a lie down from tjohn