Sinister: The Serpent's Kiss

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Oct 1 14:22:18 BST 1999

WHAT'S A GRECIAN URN WORTH?

Surely Exeter City's new DUKE STAND is a tribute not only to the Duke
himself, but also a tribute to the combative stance he takes on issues
such as Manda Rin's refusal to do swaps, as well as a sideways nod to
the Dexy's Midnight Runners classic DANCE STANCE.

I SEE A SITAR AND I WANT TO PAINT IT BLACK

I like sitars. It is a beautiful instrument with a centuries long
tradition of making beautiful sounds. I'm particularly keen on that
BWOOOOOOOING BWOOOOOOOOOOOING BWOOOOOOING sound, like the first rays
of the new rising sun, but I'm also partial to that
DIDIDIDIDIDIDIBRRRING sound, acheived by consummate mastery of
fretboard wankery techniques. Someone, possibly Nick Nolte in his book
AWOPBOPALOOBOPAWOPBAMBOO, called it curry powder when used by The
Beatles.  I like tablas too. I look forward to hearing the B&S sitar
experience. I've got a Miles Davis live album with a sitar on it, but
I'm buggered if I can hear it.

YOU SPECKY PUFF!

"What," thought Alice, "would be the point of inventing a world that
already existed?" I agree that Murdochland exists only in the
imagination of Britain's finest folk-inflected singer-songwriter, the
bard of barminess, Stuart Murdoch himself, but I fail to see the
problem with that. Just imagine if we all took Daz from Hefner's
attitude. There'd be no "Planet of the Apes" for a start.

TODAY'S SERIOUS POINT

Nice to see the Harvey Wallbangers making an appearance at the Po
Caff. Perhaps the Stutz Bearcats can be coaxed out of retirement as
support? Nice one Trousers.

PROPS

I've looked it up, but it's not even in NEW WORDS. Propellerheads is
though. Hands up if you're a propellerhead. On second thoughts, take a
step forward instead.

AGENT DOUBLE-O FAT SLUG

I've got tapes for Fat Slug and David Moore. Now comes the difficult
part.

lots of love,

Sister Disco