Sinister: And then one day she cut her hair and I stopped loving her

poetryplace2 poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 1 15:02:38 BST 1999

Well, I am as keen as anyone to clear up once and for all the vexed issue of
"props", and so I put the miracle of the wiggly-waggly web to work, finding
this page:
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/2835/ebonics.html

Not only does it tell us that "props" does in fact mean "recognition", but
it also suggests that "swervin' & pervin'" means "riding around in your car
just to show off", "skrilla" means "money" and "buga wolf" means "a woman
who is ugly but thinks she is cute". Well I never!

Someone was going on about songs that have speaking in them. I quite like
them. Especially if it's Phil Oakey doing the speaking. I think they've got
a bad press cos of that fella out of the Blue Aeroplanes with the face like
a relief map of the surface of the moon. The pinnacle of the genre must
surely be Melvyn Bragg's version of "Walk Away Renee" with that there Duane
Tremolo on geetar, now re-released on that new compilation thing.  It has
many Murdochian moments, not least the bit where he says love is like "being
on one of those fast rides at the funfair, the sort that are scary and you
want to get off, but as soon as you're off you want to get straight back on
again".

I had a dream about Peter Miller the other night. He looked like a fabulous
furry freak brother with a big bushy beard and an afro, and he showed me
this magazine he published called "Acid Rock", which had My Bloody Valentine
on the cover.

I've been reading this book what I borrowed off Nick Dastoor about Orson
Welles. When I get to page 199, who should make an appearance but everyone's
favourite French litigator Mme CĂ©cile Aubry?

Can I just point out that Harvey-the-invisible-rabbit will *not* be playing
at the Pocaff? We promised to never book him again after he put on KISS
face-paint, ran amok and trashed the joint the last time he played here.

Re: Mums in pop... How on earth did I forget to include Mama Cass? Straight
to bed with no porridge for me.

Stevie Troussé

PS Mistopher Christopher and Warrender John both back in the same week! Now,
whatever happened to Watson and Begbie? Hmm that sounds like a good title
for a detective series....