Sinister: People on trains.

Laurel Girvan pythia at xxx.com
Fri Oct 1 18:29:39 BST 1999

Brandt admitted sheepishly:

>I have been working in a large North American city for the last two months
>and every day I take the train to work. I am sure this is rude, but after
>two months I recognize people and I watch them.

I, too, spy cheerily on people on trains. I duck behind my books and papers when they get suspicious, but as long as they don't notice me, I'm free to give them pet names and make up their life stories.

Rude?  Oh, probably, but it beats ignoring people altogether.  Though New Yorkers are famous for that, too, aren't they?

Ta.