Sinister: Ban this sick stunt!

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 1 18:22:55 BST 1999

Robin 'the hooded man' Stout wrote:

On a similar subject, I get annoyed when programmes on telly are called "real
life" when it just means they contain lots of sex and violence and are filmed on
crap quality film. Real life for me is getting up in the morning, doing a poo,
having some toast then getting on a bus or my bike to work or wander round town.
I do more thrilling things too but I like the way B+S don't sing about those
bits but sing about the bits in-between.

Hang on a minute.  Does someone know something I don't?  Have the band really
been working on a track about having a poo?  That's just revolting!  Which
member of the People's Republic of B&S was responsible for that?  Please tell me
it wasn't one of the girls.

Anyway, Hefner can't talk.  What kind of real world do they live in?  I saw
their new video the other day.  It involved the band running around parks with
no clothes on.  That never happens round my way.  Actually, they were too
prudish to really take their clothes off and instead had big body stockings on
with hairless genitals attached.  But that's even more unrealistic.

Can I take this opportunity to nail the lie that the Beatles' dentist gave them
LSD in 1964?  My Beatles trivia bank is a bit rusty but I'm pretty sure they
were still giggling from being introduced to waccy baccy by Dylan at this stage
of their career.  I don't think the LSD came till '66 for Lennon and '67 for the
others.  First sitar:  Norwegian Wood (1965).  Conclusion:  you can introduce
sitars without being being an acid-crazed hippy.  Shame though - it would be
interesting if the delay on the new album had been caused by the band turning
into brain-addled loons.

Nick xx