Sinister: P!O!P! right now, thank you very much

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 1 18:28:20 BST 1999

Hello

Todd Herrmann wrote:

> if you are on this list then you can't be
> closeminded so this doesn't apply to you.

~~~ Ha ha ha ~~~

> I thought college was supposed to be filled with original people with
> original thoughts.

~~~ Ha ha ha ~~~

So what was the last original thought some of you had then?  Because I
don't think I've had an original thought in my life.

No matter how great Belle and Sebastian are, they can't define
originality of personality, especially when you *know* at least 1000
people like them as much as you do.  I don't think of others as
mindless, unoriginal, dull, or whatever just because they don't like
B&S.  Or any other sort of music for that matter.

I *do* however take exception to BabyChris' friend's assertion that
intelligent people don't like dance music.  I don't like much dance
music either, but that has no bearing on my intelligence, and probably
doesn't stem from it either.  I just don't like it - I like things with
tunes.  And lyrics.  And before any dance music afficionados start
bombarding me with reasons *why* I should like their music, please bear
in mind that what I listen to and like is my personal choice, and you
aren't going to change my taste in anything.  Cos I'm quite capable of
making up my own mind about things.  So don't try to convince me
otherwise, or I'll just look menacingly at you.  Which won't be scarey
at all, but it's the best I can do cos I'm a wuss.

Oh, and not liking something doesn't make you marrow-minded does it?  I
thought it just meant you had some form of personal taste and
discretion.

Haven't I said this before?  I really should start reading the archives,
you know :)

Some other dull stuff now...

I nearly got to go to Richard Stilgoe's house for my tea once.  I didn't
though.

Also, I met Steve Hewitt, Placebo bloke in the Spread Eagle.  Actually,
now I come to think of it, it wasn't *that* Steve Hewitt, it was some
chancer out of a band called Carsmile.  Doesn't Graham Coxon drink in
the Good Mixer anyway?  Because obviously you are only allowed to drink
in one pub.  I saw a bloke out of Menswe at r in the Good Mixer once.  And
David McAlmont in the street outside.  And Sanjay out of EastEnders (not
together, as far as I know).  God, all I ever see up here is Stephen
bloody Pastel and Stuart bloody Murdoch.  You Londoners are so lucky ~

Ailsa xx

PS French Kiss by L'il Louis may have some sort of orgasm on it, I
think, but I never actually got to hear it 'cos Radio One banned it.