Sinister: Tall tales - by a tall person...

Chris_t_opher GBCH at xxx.uk
Sat Oct 2 21:06:53 BST 1999

Tra la la..

MY NEW BAND

I know, i know, that heading should be followed by the standard request to
come and watch my band play in a pub in Blackburn on Sunday night... but i
dont care.

My (new/old but with less people in) band started today and already, im not
into it. We happily played away, in a musty cellar for 4 hours. Got through
3 song's 'n' all. One was a Goo Goo Dolls cover, to give you some indication
or sound.

The problem was, there wasnt a spark in it. We ALREADY sound like your
standard issue boring rock band. Like Embrace and Oasis, but with EVEN less
*whomph*. Impossible, i know, but we somehow managed!

Oh how i long for a band with a difference. A catchy, not stolen song. A
change in tempo. Something that makes me want to play it 20 times. ANYTHING!
I cant do anything about it cos im the bass player and am never seen as the
creative influence - im just ignored when i make the most blatently obvious
statement about the song "Desperately needing a break right there"

Oh well. Anyone know any good 4 Tracks that i can do *my own stuff* on?

AND, IN GENERAL...

What makes something good? Like Belle and Sebastian. What makes us get all
obsessive about them? Why are some people soooooo inventive and others, just
your standard-issue copycats? I try to be a genius, but i know i never can.
Everything ive ever done, whether it be a sport or even just learning to
drive, i've never got past the point of being "good". At chess, i was ranked
788th in Scottish schools, but why not any higher.

So, to end, there is a chance that i really excel at something, but there
are so many *things* out there, i will probably never find it. Why is God so
crue?

This was as pointless as an orange.

Chris_t_opher - the eternal never-genius and athiest.

ICQ:44383377

The East River Pipe Community -
          Http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/EastRiverPipe
You've got to go  -  its only natural.