Sinister: The Grevious Angel...

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Sun Oct 3 02:12:23 BST 1999

Ok, Nick I stand corrected about being a year off as to when the Beatles
first tripped.  Their most obvious LSD record, in my opinion, is Revolver
which was released in '66 and written in the second of '65 so I guess we're
both right.  Well, the McCartney songs are pretty much standard Beatle fare
but Lennon and Harrison's tunes are more far out than anything they ever
tried (especially Tommorrow Never Knows and She Said She Said, which
incidentally was written about that first LSD trip).  Anyone else notice half
the guitars on that record sound like sitars?  I'll be dodging the bricks
now...
I bought Gram Parson's two solo records the other day and I am just simply
amazed.  I thought Big Star and Wilco were really great, touching Southern
Rock (tm) but Gram just blows them all to peices.  Is it just me or does he
write the saddest songs on earth about ghosts visiting their loved ones in
their sleep, and brides dying on their wedding day and such.  Oddly enough
when you hear him and Emmylou belt them out its amazingly comforting and
beautiful and not really as sad as you may think.  I guess it doesn't hurt
that I'm a southern boy at heart so I dig the overtly country tunes as much
as the soulful rockers...
To my good friend and long-standing Mario Kart adversary Todd Matthew
Herrmann, I say follow Pam's advice and "go all the way to being brutal."
Trust me, if an idiotic little minx like that claims she can dig whatever
you're listening to then its probably not a good thing.  A few weeks back
someone insulted Stereolab in my store and then proceeded to buy the new
Godsmack so it all evens out.  People like that will be stupid and myopic
their entire lives so its no use getting all upset over it, although she was
a pretty bitchy little sort wasn't she?
How come we haven't heard from Mrs. Lauren Tigerxdare in awhile?  I sure
she's ok after the emotional upheaveals of the past few weeks.
Later

Steve C.