Sinister: sinister manifesto

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Mon Oct 4 05:17:15 BST 1999

we have reached a time in our collective history wherein the balance is
shifting.  what once had an order is being swept away into disorder and
decay.  the new order lacks consistency and coherency, the old order is
faded and morose.  this, brothers and sisters, is the time to strike.  we
are the sebastianites, the pure and true followers of belle and sebastian,
come to lay claim to this barren wasteland.  we bring an aged youthfulness
and cynical optimism that will lead us into battle and through it feeling
battered when we truly were not.  we will hold our calves like flayed
sausages and sing about intelligent machines with arms of sex.  we are the
nouveau and nouvelle and nouveaux.  we will personify the living and raise
them from the dead.  we will dance to roolz and droolz and mayhap toolz
long into the night, proclaiming joss as the mighty king of the party to
which there is no end.  we will lose ourselves and ourself in a myriad of
lost weekends and find ourselves in flower beds watching the dew fall  upon
the wreckage of western society as it continues it's futile struggle
against the impending apocalypse.  the wreck of the zephyr and the rebirth
of the phoenix, rewound and played by sisyphus on the celestial steenbeck
of modern society.  repetition becomes synonomous with poison, absinthe
instead of currare.  but enough emotion, let us not waste the day.  our
reminscences can only deter us for so long, we are intent upon the final
strike.  with that, i  you, the people of sinister, the six theses.

1.  society is a curse, nationality is a bind.  we agree to free ourselves
and stand in direct opposition to any who attempt to segregate themselves
or others in terms of location, mental, physical, or metaphysical.
2.  we frown upon physical exertion, both our own and that of others.  we
despise football, in all lands, and listen to music while lying on our
backs with limpid musculature.
3.  if one is tempted to ask why said list does not discover ___ band of
moment, said person should think first, then cut their ear off.  if said
person still wishes to ask said question, said fate will meet him, her, it
or them.
4.  we worship a god of nectar and abhor a phallic place.
5.  though we long for a society without boarder of gender and sex, we seek
the ultimate vulgar experience of sexuality, as relayed third person with a
number of important details replaced by nonsense words.
6.  order is the bain of all socities.

opposition will be listened to, but surely overcome, as the new order of
sebastianites leads the procession into the next battlefield.  join to us,
we like thai elephants!

love and rockets,
magnetic megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu

are we not men?  we are magnetic fields.
http://www.dissemination.com/megan/magneticfields/
updated 8/5/99