Sinister: sinister:girlfriend in a foreign land

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Mon Oct 4 12:37:45 BST 1999

Well, this is my first post after a longish time hanging around
and observing the major players on this list. Belle and Sebastian
seem to be playing a major role in my life at the moment for not
only do my housemates and I here in sunny Manchester have all the
E.P.s and albums (having 4 stereos playing TBWTAS simultaneously is
a truly magical experience, especially at 3am armed with Vodka) but
also because B+S make a near perfect girlfriend substitute. You see,
my girlfriend has gone off to Paris for 10 months so I need something
to help me through the lonely nights. I am actually thinking of dumping my
girlfriend becuase LLPJ seems to be much more my type...

   p.s. Apparantly one B+S (possibly the boy Geddes) will be D.Jing
at the Star And Garter pub in Manchester sometime this month. This is not an
unsubstantiated rumour. I spoke to one of the other D>J's who plays there
who knows whats going on. I hope anyway or have just made a twat out of
myself.