Sinister: post-it notes and hot chocolate

B.E. Hamilton hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Tue Oct 5 04:45:10 BST 1999

greeeeeeeeeetings fluffy observationalists of rainy days,

yes, it did rain today, and it was somewhat depressing.  well, i saw gybe!
twice this weekend, yes, twice!  they are absolute wonders live, and i would
go recommend everyone to see them, but two things prevent this.  1)most of
you already have because 2) the tour's over.  oh well.  i will say however,
that over the course of two nights i absolutely fell in love with their
violinist.  she had that teddy bear look going on.  my friend classified her
as a 'dike' and said she probably hated the world or something to that
effect.  he then began to classify the indie scene as 'depressed and sad'.
i then remarked that all the people i know whom listen to independent music
primarily are some of the loveliest people around, period.  back to the
groovy violinist, well, she reminded me of Paddington Bear.  anyone who
remembers that little piece of heaven in the form of a children's book,
kudos.

i want my mom to read me bedtime stories again, i really do.  is that so
wrong?
my list crush votes are forever stuck at two.  better to be at zero.  then
at least you realize that your gimmick is a stinker.

today i wrote a letter to pete townshend.  it wasn't a geek fan-boy type
letter--it was the sort of social reflection, 'you rock' sort of ditty.
maybe he'll respond.  perhaps the return envelope will have some dippity doo
inside of it.  oh wait, that's roger daltrey.  i typed it up and everything,
and in my box today was a package from lovely katrina containing two tee
shirts plus badges!  yay!!  however, on the inset of one of the cardboard
slabs was scribbled in pen the eloquent phrase, 'fuck off'.  now this is the
last thing i thought would be written on a somewhat b&s related slab of
cardboard.  personally i would have expected something like 'we hate isobel.
signed, everyone'.  that would have been acceptable.  but the personal
attack at me forced me to sit down and wonder to myself if i had invested
too much of myself in a band that in the end, doesn't care what i think.  it
was harrowing.  well i popped in IYFS and i'm feeling better.  the world is
a scary place.

darling, read me a story.  darling, help me sleep.

love,
blake xx
the nerdy shy eyed pacifist