Sinister: tips in a g-string made my weekend

Claire Timmins coool_air at xxx.com
Tue Oct 5 12:32:16 BST 1999

Howya!!

Tis a long Tuesday aint it?

Im going on holiday again, isnt that great. But, again, Im at a loss for
somewhere to stay. This time its in Amsterdam. No no I dont want your
floors, I just need a little advice on fine establishment so's that I dont
end up in that big red part.

After a fine weekend in london, imagine my amazement when I agree to go to
amsterdam and find out that its the same weekend when two festivals are on
there. fate is a bugger at times, but we like it really.

Now to the music, do check out www.thebeatmuseum.demon.co.uk. This is a wee
shop in glasgow that used to brighten up that mangy bit of great western
road before the Western bar (seven day a week Karaoke folks!) by playing
funky tunes all day - until the poshers across the road complained. Geez (as
in jeez, not fannies) was it interrupting their enjoyment of listening to
the lorries and buses trundle by?..hm. Anyway the man gave me an ace james
Brown comp for 8 pounds yesterday cos it was kinda fuzzy. What a darlin'.

To the man whose name means c***, do not worry this term was highly
acceptable in the 14th century as a term for the fanny. In 1811 however it
was a nasty name for a nasty thing. Sorry.

Did you also know that the phrase Sweet Fanny adams derives from Sailors. In
1812, fanny adams was murdered, chopped up and thrown into the river. No
they never used to eat her, but they did describe their rations of tinned
mutton to be similar to Fanny adams. Therefore it became a term denoting
nothing at all. Thus Sweet F.A.

I may have told you all this before but i dont really care.

cheers me dears,

Claire**