Sinister: bruinvis and timbuktoo

andrew dean koogydelbbog at xxx.com
Tue Oct 5 13:25:06 BST 1999

hello there,

comments on recent digests follow. not that i can read
recent digests as my mail web software thing truncates
messages about 1K in so i get the digest contents and
the first three lines of the first missive before the

--- truncated ---

message. pah.

but first: the big hairy cave has finished relocating
to hammersmith. the room that was empty last week is
now too full of things in cardboard boxes to move
about in. oh um. just finished moving the boxes into
the new room and was staring idly out of the kitchen
window when a fox came and walked along the fence at
the back of the house and curled up and sat there
sunning itself for a good half an hour. in
hammersmith. blimey.

i also saw ANOTHER b&s fan on the district line tube
through hammersmith on friday lunchtime, that's two in
as many weeks. hammersmith surely is a hotbed for
closet b&s fans. and no, i said nothing to him either.
'hello' if you're reading this. how's the paul auster?

laurel and brandt were talking about not talking to
people on trains. we don't do that here either. which
always seems like a pity as trains usually have an
interesting social mix. the one time i went to
scotland i took a little time to go across the forth
bridge in a train (which was probably a bad idea cos
it's hard to see the forth bridge whilst actually ON
the forth bridge but...) and i was quite shocked to
hear strangers on the train talking to one another
quite happily. buckfast has a lot to answer for.

looper book signing: i wonder if i can get him to sign
it 'this is pish'? he'll probably just tell me to fuck
off. again.

trousers:
> Now, whatever happened to Watson and Begbie? Hmm
> that sounds like a good title for a detective
> series....

rod begbie is alive and well and occasionally posts to
slashdot: news for nerds.

pamelab:
>and I said to myself, self, you should post to the
>list that brought you and the hubby together in the
>first place

aah, i remember that first meeting, in the pub on the
sunday of the manchester weekend, meeting pam for
lunch only to find that the pub we'd chosen was closed
and eating instead in the french place across the
street, me, pam and my friend from university. i
ordered a grilled cheese sandwich expecting cheddar
filled triangles and it arriving as melting brie in a
toasted baguette. later i had to leave, trains and
stuff, leaving those two to their own devices. little
did any of us know...

>after a boozy night out sometimes I need to drop the
>needle on the mat a couple of times before actually
>finding the edge of the record.

peel, during his 'sounds of the suburbs' series, went
and visitied some people who make 7" singles from
things like slices of wood, circular saw blades,
sandpaper discs and biscuit (they looked quite nice,
had proper labels and everything) and they said that
they never have any trouble with needles, the needles
being diamond tipped and all.

>next week: we test-drive a porsche armed only with a
>fourth generation tape copy of tigermilk! I'll let
>you know how it sounds.

pah! i did that tape. and it was straight from the
vinyl. some people. ungrateful... 8)

oh, and if E.A. Hotstepper doesn't like toronto (or
indeed montreal) then she could always go somewhere
friendly like los angeles, i'm sure she'd have a
wonderful time there, there are some great clubs
around, especially on thursday nights... (knowing
smile... 8)

andy

=====
andrew dean (koogydelbbog at yahoo.com)