Sinister: Train etiquette

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Tue Oct 5 16:58:51 BST 1999

I had to sit next o a large woman on the train today, who felt she needed
to take up parts of both seats. Had she moved over a bit, even as large as
she was, we both could have sat comfortably.  I think it is this sort of
rudeness that makes me want to talk to no one on the train.  I think that
when you have a train full of people, you should be nice enough to
conserver space for others.

I also don't understand why people are in such a rush to get off the train
when you are getting off at the last stop.  One day the woman I was
sitting next to asked me to move so she could get off at the next stop,
but everybody had to get off at that stop.  Was her sitting by the train
door really going to make much of a difference for her ETA at work?

And I must say I am rather shocked that no one on the list has really said
anything about American Beauty. I just saw it last night and was blown
away.  Kevin Spacey gives the performance of his career (and as brilliant
as he has been in other films, that's a tough thing to do.)

Take care all,

Brandt