Sinister: I was born Ready...

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Tue Oct 5 19:42:38 BST 1999

This is my first post and so I'd like to introdruce myself.

*in my best beauty pageant voice*

My name is Laura Llew and I'm from North Carolinnnnaa. I simply adore trees,
  rainy days, people watching, literature, star gazing, music, roadtrips,
lists, elbow touching and Belle and Sebastian. I discovered B&S from a
friend. While listing what his 5 favorite albums were, he mentioned "If
you're feeling sinister'.  Since I had never heard of them and generally
trust his taste, I picked up the cd.  I fell in love with them and plunged
head long into an obsession with them (which I usually do. I've always
wished I was a minimalist but it's just not in my blood). I just recently
got my grubby hands on their ep's and such and LOVE it. So if anyone else on
this list has been thus deprived as I was, I will be more than willing to
share. Because that's what kind of person I am..  Tee Hee Hee

*lying through my twisted and gnarled teeth*

Ok, ok. So we all know that this isn't my first post. But I realized that I
was never did the hip first post introduction. Indulge me this one time.
This weekend was my birthday and it was absolutely miserable. Plus,  I spent
the whole day listening to my mother worry about how her little girl is
going to become an old maid. I'm 22 and still completely single. Obviously,
there is some flaw I have that makes me undesirable. Obviously, this is her
fault. Obviously.  I could take out a personal ad and find someone to calm
her mind. But knowing me, it'd end up reading
"Bitter chic needs barely tolerable man with vulgar social      graces,
below average looks and inconsequentil means for        occasional dates as
a reminder to remain univolved."

For my mother's sake, I won't.

I was thinking (scary prospect I know). Are we a single parent list? I mean
I just know of our list mummy, Honey, but I've never heard of a list daddy.
I was too young to remember when it all happened. Did he run off on our
mother for a new younger limp biskit list or some other trampy hoochie
mamma?  Is Honey depressed and lonely and I just have missed the signs of
the red glassy eyes in the late afternoons when he rolls out of bed? Do we
have to fear a new father coming and taming us, the unruly children. Or can
we just blame the fact that we were raised in a single parent list?

The Laura Llew Literary List is completed and up on the web. It still needs
a bit of tweaking (not really. i just wanted to use that word. tweaking.
*shivers). But the unveiling of it will be soon. I am on my fifth suggested
book already *showing off and making you all chartreuse with envy*. This one
was recommended by our very own Pursed Lips Boneboy. Its "Confederacy of
Dunces" by Toole. I'm not that far into it but so far its made me chuckle
more than once. Something that I need. So far, so good.

I'm an INTJ. If you're curious as to what you are or what we're talking
about go to http://keirsey.com/  it's about a 50 multiple choice question
test thats pretty quick to take.  I took the test in high school and then
took it last night from this website. Guess my personality hasn't changed in
6 years. I didn't have one then and I don't have one now.

Laura
"Filling your Laura Llew needs since 1977"

***Laura Llew's List Member of the Week***

That member who I've never had any contact with but I think is just the
tops.... Randomness Really.... anyway, hush hush... It Is

James Gilmer......